Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  SITE DES TRIDENTSSITE DES TRIDENTS  
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents) LEGO® Icons 10318 Le Concorde
169.99 € 199.99 €
Voir le deal

un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant

2 participants
AuteurMessage
fireyan
MVP
MVP
fireyan

un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant Empty
MessageSujet: un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant   un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant EmptyMar 10 Juil 2007 - 13:25

OFFICIELLEMENT SIGNé...
Après quelques semaines de nogociations et autres remplissage de plusieurs documents administratifs, c'est officiel depuis hier, je serai à partir du 27 juillet 2007 (date du début du camp d'entrainement) au sein de l'équipe des Carolina PANTHERS.

Après avoir pris une semaine de repos après ma fin de saison printanière, c'est le chemin de l'entrainement quotidien qui m'a ratrapé.

Pour information, la coupe du monde de Foot Américain est à l'heure actuelle limitée aux joueurs amateurs ou professionnels sans contrat en cours. De plus, lorsqu'on dépend de la NFL (joueurs sous contrat), nous avons seulement le droit de participer aux compétitions organisé par la NFL ou sous sa tutelle (ce qui n'est pas le cas pour les Championnats du monde).

J'aurai beaucoup aimé représenter les couleurs de la France au Japon, ça n'a pas été possible, je représenterai donc la France à ma façon de l'autre côté de l'atlantique.

"you have to decide: Do you want to make things happen or do you want to watch things happen? It's been my experience that most of poeple who watch things happend are the ones who are usually wondering what just happened." Peyton Manning
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://tridents.superforum.fr
Frank89
titulaire
titulaire
Frank89

un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant Empty
MessageSujet: Re: un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant   un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant EmptyDim 5 Aoû 2007 - 16:31

The french connection

Talladega Nights was a hit comedy featuring Will Farrell as a NASCAR driver trying to make it big. It also featured a French rival played by Sacha Baron Cohen.

Live from Panthers training camp, we bring you Spartanburg Nights. Only this is real life, and the Frenchman (played by linebacker Philippe Gardent) is the one with big dreams and aspirations. Farrell isn’t here, but his youtube partner Ryan Kalil is on hand.

"We're all trained to ask, 'Who's that guy? Is he tough? Is he smart? Can he play?"' said Gardent in his unmistakable French accent. "All those questions are answered on the field."

Here is who that guy is…Gardent played American football in France AFTER college. They don’t have college football in his homeland, but they do have downhill skiing and bobsledding, which he excelled at in his formative years.

Gardent got his first football break in the now defunct NFL Europa, where he was named Co-Defensive MVP after recording 70 tackles for the Cologne Centurions in 2006. That got him a shot with the Washington Redskins, who put him on their practice squad last year. Gardent returned to NFL Europa this spring, which earned him valuable playing time, but kept him out of Panthers mini camp and summer school.

Now, the former downhill skier is fighting a major uphill battle trying to catch up on and off the field in Panthers training camp.

"I don't think I'm crazy,” said Gardent. “I think I know what I'm doing."

Head coach John Fox admires Gardent’s persistence, and is impressed with the Frenchman so far.

"He's done a good job," said Fox. "So far we've been pleased with what we've seen."

Gardent, the only non-American in camp this year, speaks fluent English. He’s also fluent in things unspoken, such as how difficult it will be to make an NFL roster as the only player in the entire league without college experience.

"You have to be flexible,” he said about adjusting to that reality. "I'm just trying to keep the dream going. I'm just tying to stay alive in this world. I'll figure out the options afterward if I don't make it here."

source: site internet des carolina panthers
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

un francais en NFL !!! philippe gardant
Page 1 sur 1